The CompTIA PenTest+ certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to plan and scope an assessment, understand legal and compliance requirements, perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing, analyze data, and effectively report and communicate results. CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them. PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
The CompTIA PenTest+ exam, released in July 2018, certifies your abilities as a qualified penetration tester, capable of identifying and exploiting system vulnerabilities. This course prepares you for the skills required for being an effective pentester and will get you through the CompTIA PenTest Exam. You will learn:
PLANNING & SCOPING
- Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
INFORMATION GATHERING & VULNERABILITY IDENTIFICATION
- Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results.
ATTACKS & EXPLOITS
- Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques
PENETRATION TESTING TOOLS
- Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
- Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills and best practices required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings, and communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for IT pros pursuing a cybersecurity career path. The new certification assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Depending on your course of study, PenTest+ and CySA+ can be taken in any order but typically follow the skills learned in Network+ or Security+. While CySA+ focuses on defense through incident detection and response, PenTest+ focuses on offense through penetration testing and vulnerability assessment. Although the two exams validate Red and Blue Team skills respectively, they are dependent on one another.
- Instructor-led CompTIA PenTest+ Training
- Complete Courseware
- Hands on Demonstrations
- Focused on practical solutions to real-world development problems
- Proven technique- Actual Exam Secrets Review