This instructor-led course will prepare students for the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam. It provides a comprehensive look at common tasks performed by system administrators. This includes installation and management of Linux systems from the command line and the GUI, user administration, file permissions, customization, software configuration, management of Linux-based clients, troubleshooting, and much more. Expanded coverage of networking and security are covered, which is in step with the CompTIA exam objectives.
CompTIA's Linux+ certification will provide you the core skills and knowledge to work with this open-source operating system. CompTIA Linux+ certification is a vendor-neutral certification which verifies the basic competence of individuals to work with and maintain Linux installations.
There are no prerequisites for this course. It is intended for IT professionals who are specializing in the Linux+ platform. Oracle and Novell recognize CompTIA's Linux+ certification in certain tracks.
Linux+ Course Curriculum
- Unit 01 – Installation
- Unit 02 - Using Linux
- Unit 03 - File and Directory Management
- Unit 04 - System Administration
- Unit 05 - Application Management
- Unit 06 - System Configuration
- Unit 07 - Process and Module Management
- Unit 08 - System Maintenance
- Unit 09 – Networking
- Unit 10 - File Sharing and Printing
- Unit 11 – Interoperability
- Unit 12 – Security
- Unit 13 - Web Environment
- Unit 14 - FTP and Email Services
- Unit 15 - Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Why get Linux+ certified?
According to research performed by the Linux Foundation, “Nearly all hiring managers are looking to recruit Linux professionals in the next six months” and “hiring managers saying they’re more likely to hire a candidate with Linux certification”. The demand for Linux professionals increases every year. As the study explains, the rise of open cloud platforms increases this demand for Linux professionals at various positions and companies. Earning the certification says you can study or memorize enough technical info to pass a test. It also says you consumed a ton of new info, commands, understand the Linux filesystem hierarchy, networking, and other Linux topics. You developed a decent enough grasp of the material to pass. This will at the very least open many doors for you.
What will you learn with our Linux+ program?
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks
- Manage user and group accounts
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem
- Manage various files in Linux
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership
- Print files
- Manage packages
- Manage kernel services
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts
- Manage jobs and processes
- Manage system services
- Configure network services
- Configure basic Internet services
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues
- Install the Linux operating system
- Configure the GUI
- CompTIA Linux Plus Training Program
- Linux Plus Courseware
- Hands on Video Demonstrations
- CompTIA Linux+ Study Guide
- Device of Your Choice