The CompTIA Security Plus certification is vendor-neutral, internationally recognized and is included in the approved list of certifications to meet DoD Directive 8570.1 requirements. Carrying this accreditation signifies a demonstrated proficiency in system security management, network infrastructure establishment, access control configuration, cryptography and organizational defense measures. Essentially, this certification identifies knowledgeable professionals in the growing field of computer security.
Our Security Plus training course is designed for application by all types of network and security administrators regardless of what industry they serve. Whether your goal is to become Security Plus certified for your job, to prove your basic knowledge of security concepts or gain more knowledge to secure your network, our Security+ certification is the perfect solution. This certification establishes knowledgeable professionals in the field of corporate security, one of the fastest-growing fields in IT. Even in a troubled economy, most businesses plan to at least maintain or optimally increase their investment in IT security.
Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Security+ candidates have at least two years of technical networking experience, with an emphasis on security. TheCompTIA Network+ certification is also recommended.
Security+ Course Curriculum
- Unit 01 - Security Fundamentals
- Unit 02 - Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Unit 03 - Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
- Unit 04 - Implementing Network Security
- Unit 05 - Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
- Unit 06 - Managing Certificates
- Unit 07 - Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
- Unit 08 - Risk Management
- Unit 09 - Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
- Unit 10 - Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
Why get CompTia Security+ Certified?
Security+ is government approved
CompTIA Security+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. Once you obtain your Security+ you automatically have the CE designation required in the DoD Directive 8570.01 manual and going forward must comply with the CE program requirement of completing 50 CEUs in three years to maintain the credential. Security+ is also compliant with government regulations under Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
Security+ is globally recognized
CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized credential with certified professionals working in over 147 countries throughout the world..
Security+ provides substantial earnings potential
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Security Specialists, Administrators and Managers earn over $86,000 per year.
The demands of a career in cybersecurity are changing fast. And CompTIA Security+ is changing to meet them. As the foundational IT certification in the CompTIA Cybersecurity Career Pathway, the newest iteration of the CompTIA Security+ serves as a springboard for cybersecurity careers, ensuring security professionals are better prepared to solve a wide variety of issues when securing and defending networks in today's complicated business computing landscape. Below, we’ve answered some of the questions you may have about the changes to CompTIA Security+ and how you can add this powerful updated certification to your resume.
What will you learn with our Security+ Program?
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities
- Manage data, application, and host security
- Implement network security
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures
- Manage certificates
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures
- Manage risk
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery
This course is intended for students wishing to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam. The qualification is aimed primarily at networking professionals, but because security is vital to all levels and job roles within an organization, it will also benefit PC support analysts, application developers and senior managers in accounting, sales, product development and marketing.
- CompTIA Security+ Training Program
- Security Plus Courseware
- Hands on Demonstrations
- CompTIA Security+ Study Guide
- CompTIA Security + All-in-One Exam Guide
- Device of Your Choice