Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CISSP
Most would agree that the toughest part of preparing for the CISSP certification is having to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time. When describing this certification, many have said “it’s a mile wide and an inch deep.” Identifying the inch that could drown you is the key in preparing for the exam.
We have made the challenge of preparing for the exam easier by rethinking how to study for it. With our CISSP Complete Training Program we designed a training program that is portable, engaging, and effective. The entire training program is self contained on the device of your choice. In addition, we also put a copy of the lectures on an Apple iPod for you to listen to when you want to study on the go.
All the lectures, domain reviews, question reviews, eBooks and MP3s are all at your finger tips for whenever and wherever you need to study. Not only do we deliver 100% of the CISSP CBK to you in convenient and flexible way, we’ve bundled it together with some of the most powerful study tools available. This ensure that you get the most out the time you will invest in preparing for the CISSP exam.
This CISSP Complete Training Program is both robust and comprehensive. You get two sets of lectures by two different instructors so you get varying perspectives on the materials to help you quickly gain understanding of each domain. All 8 Domains of the CISSP is covered in depth by each set of lectures.
Best of all we give you a way to map out a course of study to effectively identify and target your strengths and weaknesses, giving you a way to design a plan of study that works best for you.
We design this program using feedback from current CISSPs especially those who have recently passed the exam. The approach we came up with will ensure that you get the best results from time you invest in studying. This approach is best suited for those seeking to only take the CISSP exam once and passing.
How to Get Your CISSP Certification
1. Obtain the Required Experience
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in two or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK. Candidates may receive a one year experience waiver with a 4-year college degree, or regional equivalent or additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list, thus requiring four years of direct full-time professional security work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.
Don't have the experience? Become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CISSP exam. You'll have 6 years to earn your experience to become a CISSP.
2. Study for the Exam
- Review the Exam Outline
- Review the Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK
- Review the Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide
- Take the TechEd360 CISSP Training Program
3. Schedule the CBT Exam
- Create an account at Pearson Vue and schedule your exam.
- Complete the Examination Agreement
- Review the Candidate Background Questions.
- Submit the examination fee.
4. Pass the Exam
Pass the CISSP examination with a scaled score of 700 points or greater.
5. Complete the Endorsement Process
Once you are notified that you have successfully passed the examination, you will be required to subscribe to the (ISC)² Code of Ethics and have your application endorsed before the credential can be awarded. An endorsement form for this purpose must be completed and signed by an (ISC)² certified professional who is an active member, and who is able to attest to your professional experience. With the endorsement time limit, you are required to become certified within nine months of the date of your exam or become an Associate of (ISC)². If you do not become certified or an Associate of (ISC)² within 9 months of the date of your exam, you will be required to retake the exam in order to become certified. (ISC)² can act as an endorser for you if you cannot find a certified individual to act as one. Please refer to the Endorsement Assistance Guidelines for additional information about the endorsement requirements.
6. Maintain the CISSP Certification
- Recertification is required every 3 years by meeting all renewal requirements, which include:
- Earn and submit a minimum of 40 continuing professional education (CPE) credits each year of the 3-year certification cycle and total of 120 CPE credits by the end of the 3-year certification cycle. For CISSPs who hold one or more concentrations, CPE credits submitted for the CISSP Concentration(s) will be counted toward the annual minimum CPE credits required for the CISSP.
- Pay the annual maintenance fee (AMF) of US$85 each year of the 3-year certification for a total cycle
- Abide by the (ISC)² Code of Ethics
- For more details concerning the CISSP annual maintenance and renewal requirements, please contact (ISC)² Member Services at [email protected]
- Passing candidates will be randomly selected and audited by (ISC)² Member Services prior to issuance of any certificate. Multiple certifications may result in a candidate being audited more than once.
CISSP Domains, Domain Refresh April, 15 2018
- Security & Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
TechEd360 provides our highly-rated self-paced training program to the Information Security community. Our CISSP program trains and prepares you to pass the premier security certification, the CISSP. Professionals that hold the CISSP have demonstrated that they have deep knowledge of all eight Common Body of Knowledge domains and have the necessary skills to provide leadership in the creation and operational duties of enterprise wide information security programs.
TechEd360 CISSP certification program courseware materials are up to date and synchronized with the latest (ISC)² exam objectives. Our course curriculum combined with our CISSP training program, provided by expert instructors, delivers the platform you need in order to pass the CISSP exam with flying colors. You will gain with our program the knowledge and domain expertise to successfully pass the CISSP exam the first time you take it.
- TechEd360 CISSP Training
- Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK
- Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide
- TechEd360 CISSP Exam Simulator
- CISSP MP3
- Sybex CISSP Study Guide
- 500 Practice Questions
- Including 100 Retired Exam Questions
- Program Components Pre-Loaded on Device of Your Choice